What is your success rate?
As of May 25, 2022, Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center is proud to publish our 95% completion rate on the last 579 clients admitted to our program. Our clients are equipped with the education and
understanding to manage their substance use disorder in an effective way. They leave with the skills, tools and a working knowledge of the 12 steps to maintain recovery. Our goal is that each client leaves Touchstone
Ranch Recovery Center with a solid foundation on which to continue their new life of recovery. Individuals who wholeheartedly seek recovery and are willing to go to any lengths to stay sober CAN AND DO stay sober.
How much is treatment without insurance?
Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center has established an affordable price point for most families. For those who do not have medical insurance, we do offer a private pay option. We encourage you to contact us for more information.
What is your average length of stay?
Our program is a 90-day, state licensed, CARF and The Joint Commission dual accredited, intensive, residential treatment program with 30-day and 60-day options. We will conduct medical and clinical assessments upon admission and make an initial recommendation for duration of treatment; throughout treatment, we will review client progress towards goals, and continue to make treatment recommendations for the duration of the treatment episode. Since we know the needs of each client are unique, it is difficult to determine the recommended length of stay prior to admission. However, we do ask for a minimum commitment of 30 days.
What do horses have to do with addiction treatment?
Horses naturally provide a scientific model of beneficial qualities, such as a strong work ethic, responsibility, assertiveness, effective communication and healthy relationships. Horses create a natural opportunity for teamwork and can assist someone to overcome fear and develop confidence. As the clients accomplish tasks with horses, they build confidence to overcome challenging situations, the goal is for the acquired skills to be applied to real life challenges, which provides the ability to successfully manage inevitable difficulties. The Eagala Model, utilized at Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center, is a Global Standard in Therapy and Personal Development. Through the experiential therapy that Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) provides, clients are given the opportunity to practice effective communication skills and assertiveness needed to repair and maintain healthy relationships.
How can I help if someone is refusing treatment?
Substance use disorder is a life or death disease; and time is of the essence, every second counts. The sooner a person who is using drugs or alcohol gets into treatment, the better chance there is for long-term recovery, which is our focus at Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center. Allowing someone to hit “rock bottom” is a myth, not a fact. We do NOT recommend it, nor do we agree that a person has to just “be done” to benefit from treatment. The longer someone uses drugs and alcohol, the more damage is caused to his/her vital organs, including the brain. An intervention conducted with love, care and concern is effective and can be a driving force to get your loved one to accept the help they so desperately need and deserve. We will assist you in identifying and selecting qualified, trained, experienced interventionists to assist with your specific needs. Please contact us for more information.
How does the admission process work?
Our admission process is efficient and effective; a brief assessment can be conducted over the phone, and we specialize in same day admissions. Call us to get started today!
How is Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center different from other treatment programs?
Unlike traditional drug rehabilitation centers, Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center offers a unique recovery experience that includes equine therapy and truly individualized treatment for substance use and co-occurring disorders. Our professional, compassionate, and caring team goes “above and beyond” for each client we serve.
Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center is unique in that we offer a holistic, whole-person and spiritual approach to treatment, in addition to an Equine Assisted Addiction Recovery Program. TRRC is situated within the gorgeous, sprawling hills of Touchstone Ranch. Touchstone Ranch is a working performance horse ranch that raises champion horses as well as many exotic animals, such as zebras - yes, zebras! Many of our clients enjoy going for walks and watching the animals in their natural habitats; recently, a client commented that being at the ranch it feels like “home on the range.”
Our clients receive excellent individualized care because we do not serve any more than 27 clients at one time. TRRC is appropriately licensed by the state of Texas and dual accredited by The Joint Commission and CARF. Our licensed medical and clinical teams have experience working in the field of mental health services. Most of our TRRC team has been affected by substance use disorder and/or mental illness in some way, which allows each client to receive the compassion and empathy required to navigate the road to recovery. With more than 125 combined years in recovery, our staff can relate on a personal level with each of our clients. We believe recovery is possible for anyone who seeks it, and we are committed to providing the very best individualized treatment and recovery services to those we serve.
What do I bring for treatment?
We prefer that clients bring all necessities upon admission; however, any items forgotten can be shipped to the facility.. Any items forgotten can be mailed. The list below is the maximum items allowed; it is not necessary to have everything on the list.
- Tobacco products – bring enough for the length of your stay – tobacco can be mailed in or dropped off if needed
- Clothing for 10 days max: 10 shirts (t-shirts, tanks, undershirts, etc.), 10 pants (jeans, leggings, shorts, etc.), 10 socks, 10 underwear, 3 pairs (one paid of closed toed shoes required), 1 pair of rubber boots/rain boots, umbrella, and/or poncho
- Hygiene products (may not contain alcohol in the first 3 ingredients): Shampoo & Conditioner, Hairspray (must be non-aerosol), Deodorant (must be non-aerosol), Hair gel or mousse without alcohol
- Picture frames with no glass- Photos are allowed however may not contain gang signs, nudity, alcohol, drugs, or vulgarity
- 1 alarm clock
- MP3 player or iPod and appropriate charging device (must have headphone and may not have camera or internet capabilities)
- Personal stationary, stamps, and envelopes
- Reading material must be approved by a counselor
Clients are responsible for doing their own laundry during personal time (machines and soap are provided at no expense). We prefer clients use the laundry soap provided by the facility. Clients who choose to provide their own laundry soap must have it approved by administration to ensure the product is safe for the facility septic system. Liquid fabric softener is not permitted – dryer sheets only. Personal feminine hygiene products and flushable wipes renders the septic system inoperable.
- Shoes must be worn and residents must be fully and appropriately dressed before leaving their cabin. Due to the outdoor, rural environment residents are required to wear closed toed shoes. Open-toed shoes (flip flops/slippers) are allowed in cabins only.
- When interacting with animals, residents are required to wear closed-toed shoes and long pants because of the working ranch environment.
Items Not Allowed
- Automobiles: Personal automobiles and other forms of transportation are not permitted on campus. When circumstances require a tentative client to drive themselves on property, TRRC will not be liable for any damages (weather, environment, etc.) to the individual's vehicle. The vehicle must be removed within 4 hours of the individual admitting to TRRC, by someone designated on the individual's consent form. If arrangements cannot be made within the 4 hours, TRRC has the right to have the vehicle towed.
- Over the counter medications (supplied by facility)
- Vitamins or Supplements (supplied by facility as deemed necessary by Physician)
- Food items and/or Drinks – please do not bring/mail outside food and/or drinks to the facility (this includes homemade and prepackaged)
- Cell Phones
- Body Spray, Perfume, or Cologne or other products that contain alcohol in the first three ingredients (check hygiene products carefully)
- Flushable wipes
- Liquid fabric softener
- Drinking Straws
- Visine or other eye drops
- Sharp objects or items containing glass (includes mirrors)
- Laptop computers
- Games or Playing cards
- Electronic gaming devices
- No linens of any kind (i.e. sheets, pillows, blankets, pillow cases, towels, or washcloths)
- Stuffed animals
- Cameras – Taking Pictures and/or Videos is strictly prohibited
- Weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited by law
- No illicit drugs or alcohol
- Please do not bring any cash on property
- Yoga mats (personal)
- Hair dye, self-tanning products, nail polish/remover (or other items that stain)
In accordance with Federal confidentiality laws, photos may NOT be taken at this facility.
If you have any specific questions about items allowed at Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center, please contact us